So, having completed the last of my compliance visits the week before Christmas, I have started working through the detail of the new Rules and the changes in the Act, in preparation for 1 April – two spreadsheets, three paper files, four sets of legislation and several hundred cups of coffee. By the end of next month, I expect to make available two things –
- A rule by rule guide to the changes in the Insolvency (England & Wales) Rules 2016.
- The first of a series of updated compliance checklists for each main case type and the new, common parts, which can be used as final checks to ensure that your documents and forms cover the most essential features of the rules.
More on those things in a later blog.
But there are some areas of the new processes that really need more explanation. ICAEW and others are running all sorts of webinars and I suspect they will be great, but being a little old fashioned, I intend to write a limited series of guidance papers on key areas of the new legislation. The first titles are
- CVLs and how to get appointed safely.
- Decisions, decisions, decisions.
- Progress and closing reports – what, why, when and where
In between, I expect to blog on a range of topics in an attempt to help you through the process.
Oh, and by the way,
Happy New Year